Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Oil-Free Cookie Dough Brownies



A few weeks ago, I posted a photo of of a delicious brownie I once made on Instagram. (@everytreeofhegarden ;))This wasn’t just any kind of brownie, it was a three-layer brownie comprised of cookie dough, Oreos and chocolate fudge brownie. If you’ve heard of these brownies before, you’ve probably heard of what their traditional name is, but for the purpose of keeping my blog G rated – we’ll give them a different name. (Friendly brownies? Cooknies? Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownie? I have no idea.)

 







After posting the photo on Instagram, I got a few requests to post the recipe. Now not only did I make this recipe years ago at 4am with my best friend Leanna and therefore have no idea what the recipe was, I also don’t feel like I would’ve used the healthiest ingredients out there. I sent myself on a mission to re-do these promiscuous brownies – Eryn style.
For this recipe, all I did was take my chocolate chip cookie recipe AND my brownie recipe and it worked a treat!


What You’ll Need:

FOR THE COOKIES:
  • 1 cup brown rice flour
  • 1 cup oat flour
  • ¼ cup maple syrup
  • ¼ cup coconut sugar
  • ½ cup apple sauce
  • A pinch of cinnamon
  • ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
  • 1 tbsp ground flaxseed



FOR THE BROWNIES:
  • 650g sweet potato
  • 250g pitted medjool dates
  • 2 tbsp maple syrup
  • 3 tbsp cacao / cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla


What You’ll Need to Do:

  1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
  2. Prepare the batter for both the cookies and the brownies. For recipes click here and here.
  3. Grab a non-stick 9x9 brownie tin and put the cookie dough in. Spread it evenly across the tin.
  4. Pour in the brownie batter over the top. Try and make it so there is an even amount of both cookie dough and brownie batter.
  5. Put in the oven for 35-40 minutes. Test with a knife to see if the brownie is baked through.
  6. Let the brownies sit for about half an hour before serving – this is very important as it helps the recipe to set!
  7. Enjoy! For more recipes like this one, please subscribe to my blog on the right hand side or follow me on Instagram - @everytreeofthegarden  

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I love that these are oil-free and they look absolutely delicious!
    www.sprinklesandsaturdays.com

    ReplyDelete