Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Chocolate Chip Cookies (HCLF)





You really can't beat a good chocolate chip cookie. I recently discovered a brand at Woolworths that's accidentally vegan and they're SO good. However, like most convenient foods, they aren't the best for you. So, just like all my recipes, I've spent every waking moment since trying to recreate a cleaner version! Alas - Eryn's Chocolate Chip Cookies have been born! Woo!


What You'll Need:

  • 1 cup brown rice flour
  • 1 cup oat flour
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup
  • 1/4 cup coconut sugar
  •  1 tbsp vanilla essence/extract
  • 1/2 cup of apple sauce OR mashed banana*
  • A pinch of cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup of vegan chocolate chips (use my home made HCLF recipe!) 
  • 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
What You'll Need To Do:
  1.  Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
  2. In a bowl mix together your flours, cinnamon sugar and flaxseed.
  3. Add in the vanilla essence, maple syrup and apple sauce. Mix until well combined.
  4. Your dough should NOT be sticky. If it is, add more flour.
  5. Mix in the chocolate chips until evenly spread out.
  6. Roll into cookie dough balls and then flatten out onto a lined tray.
  7. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
  8. Enjoy! These can also be eaten as raw cookie dough.. because.. you know - they're vegan ;)







* = I originally always used apple sauce for this recipe, until the disaster that unfolded when I was shooting this recipe and I forgot to put my memory card in. I had to re-make the entire recipe but I didn't have any more apples or apple sauce. I improvised and used banana. It worked, but created a more banana-ish taste (obviously), so if you don't have apple sauce or you hate apples (which is weird but I won't judge you) then you could always try out mashed banana. TL;DR: either work. 





1 comment:

  1. Oh my god these look so good! can I have a cookie for breakfast?? I agree, there really isn't anything better than a chocolate chip cookie
    www.sprinklesandsaturdays.com

    ReplyDelete