Thursday, June 9, 2016

Carrot Cake Bliss Balls


I've said before and I'll say it again. I LOVE bliss balls. They cure every single sweet craving you could ever possibly have. I also don't think I get to eat carrot cake nearly as much as I'd like to. Combine the two and hey presto you have a nutritious and delicious snack. Or meal if you eat like 40 in one serving. (who would you that?!)

What you'll need: (Makes 8 Medium Sized Balls)
  • 1 cup of rolled oats
  • 6 pitted fresh medjool dates (pitted!)
  • 1 carrot
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence/extract
  • 1 tsp ginger
  • 1 tsp nutmet
  • 1 tbsp cinnamon


What you'll need to do:


  1. Place the oats into a food processor/high speed blender and pulse until the oats become a flour-like consistency.
  2. Add in the vanilla and the spices.
  3. Grate the carrot and then add it to the food processor.
  4. One by one add in dates and pulse until combined.
  5. Keep mixing until the mixture is well combined.
  6. Take mixture out of the food processor and roll into small balls.
  7. OPTIONAL: Roll in shredded desiccated coconut for a bit of extra crunch.
  8. Enjoy!

These bliss balls are perfect to take to work or uni, and last in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week - I guarantee they won't last that long though! Please let me know if you try this recipe. 


13 comments:

  1. These look great!!! Will have to try them :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Timothy. Let me know if you do! x

      Delete
  2. These sound like a perfect pick-me-up snack for afternoons at work. Can't wait to give them a try!

    xx Jean
    www.skylineblossoms.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I keep them for, Jean! Let me know what you think. :) x

      Delete
  3. lovely post! just followed! i've been needing to eat healthier and these look like the perfect treat without making me feel guilty! http://sarahxrowe.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You can definitely eat as many of these without having to worry! :) x

      Delete
  4. Why have I never heard of these before? They look delicious! Great post xx

    louleecutie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom would love those! She is a carrot cake and coconut shred lover! I think ill make her some. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom would love those! She is a carrot cake and coconut shred lover! I think ill make her some. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Made these yesterday and they are really great! I used Penzey's cinnamon and I should have known better - their cinnamon is super strong - but the balls were still good, just really cinnamon-y. I cut the nutmeg in half - allowing for my own preference. I rolled them in cinnamon as indicated. My batch made 13 balls. I ate two yesterday and froze the rest. Ate two today. Love this recipe! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete