Wednesday, May 11, 2016

The Killer Acai Bowl

Everybody loves acai. It's everywhere right now. The only thing I don't understand is why it is SO expensive?!? I've been making my own lately and I think I've gotten my recipe down pat.


What you'll need:
FOR THE ACAI BOWL - 

  • 1 x frozen banana
  • 1 x frozen acai packet
  • 1/2 cup water

 
FOR THE TOPPINGS -

  • Granola (check out my go-to recipe)
  • Fresh fruit (banana, strawberries, raspberries, kiwi fruit, apples etc)
  • Shredded coconut
  • 1/2 cup frozen mango (for the creme)
  • Vanilla essence (for the creme) 
  • Raw date balls (optional, my go-to recipe)



What you'll need to do:

  1. Place frozen banana, acai and water in a blender or food processor and blend until creamy and smooth. Make sure the frozen banana has completely blended!
  2. Take the acai mix out of the blender and into a bowl.
  3. Put frozen mango and vanilla into the food processor and blend. Add as much water as needed to blend until smooth and creamy.
  4. Put mango creme on top of acai bowl.
  5. Chop up fresh fruit (the more the better!) and place on top of bowl, along with your granola and coconut. If you like nuts you could add them also!






Enjoy! It's really up to you what you put on top, this is just my favourite combination! 

No comments:

Post a Comment